Late Night Student Shuttle
The Late Night Shuttle service is currently cancelled due to COVID 19 health concerns.
The Late Night Shuttle is a service for Western students only, serving Campus, Residence Halls, Downtown Bellingham and nearby Shopping Centers.
Monday - Saturday, 11pm - 3am
Sunday, 9pm - 2am
To board show the shuttle driver your Western ID card
Service begins in September, the Sunday before classes begin, and ends in June, the Saturday following finals.
There is no shuttle service during Summer Quarter, Thanksgiving (Thurs-Sat), and Intersessions.
Service may be canceled when weather causes dangerous road conditions. Check the Shuttle Tracker website or App for updates. We also record a message on our phone line, 360-650-7960.
The Shuttle Tracker
This service provides students with real-time vehicle location, schedules, and service updates. The Ride Systems Shuttle Tracker is available online or by downloading the Ride Systems App.
There are two Shuttle routes, A and B, which travel in opposite directions through campus, downtown, and to surrounding neighborhoods and retail areas.
Route A departs from the Viking Union, and Route B departs from Haggard Hall.
Both routes serve the same streets, with the following exceptions:
- Route A serves Happy Valley, traveling 21st-Donovan-24th and 25th. (Route B does not serve these streets).
- The Buchanan Towers stop for Route A is on 25th at Bill McDonald Parkway, in front of the WWU Archives Building.
- A Valid Western ID Card is required for boarding
- This is for your safety, please don't expect the Driver to let you board without it.
- Be respectful of the Driver and other Passengers. Abstaining from profanity is expected.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are allowed if they are in a closed container.
- Food can be carried, but not consumed on the shuttle. Please keep it in a closed container or wrapper.
- Guests: one guest is allowed per WWU student showing their Western ID Card.
- The WWU student is responsible for their guest.
- Students with multiple guests may want to use a taxi, Uber, or Lyft.
- These policies were developed by WWU students for student comfort and safety.
Lost & Found: Items left on the bus will be taken to University Police Dispatch, open 24/7, located in the Campus Services Building at the corner of Bill McDonald Parkway and 21st Street. Stop by or call 650-3555 to retrieve your lost item. If you think it may still be on the bus, call 360-650-7960.
How to Ride
- Arrive at your stop a few minutes early
- Use the Shuttle Tracker to see when the bus is coming.
- If its dark at the bus stop, try to make yourself visible to the driver.
- Show your Western ID to board
- Watch for your destination
- Use the stop bell when your stop is approaching to tell the driver you want to get off.
- Fairhaven Complex is a "flex" destination - the driver will detour this destination and stop upon request; let them know you want this stop when you board or near the location.
- Drivers are not allowed to alter the route. If you miss your stop and don't want to walk back from the next stop, you can stay on the bus till the next circuit (30 min).
Refusal of Service
Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to any person who does not observe policies, shows the potential to cause harm to themselves or others, or interferes with vehicle safety.
For more information please contact Student Transportation (360) 650-7960 or Transportation@wwu.edu
This service is funded by the Alternative Transportation Fee, and has no affiliation with WTA.