May is Bike Month!
In the midst of these uncertain times, we are so glad that riding a bike is an approved form of exercise. With our beautiful spring weather and less cars on the roads, this is a great time to ride a bike.
Submit photos of your rides to #WWUBIKEMONTH for a two chances to win a $50 gift certificate to your local bike shop. Winners will be selected on May 15 and June 1.
In the spirit of social distancing, the focus this bike month is on riding alone or only with people in your household. You can find tips for healthy riding during our current crisis here. Besides for getting outside for exercise, the only trips people are taking right now are essential ones like to the pharmacy or grocery store. When possible, we encourage you to take these trips on your bike.
If it has been awhile since you’ve ridden a bike, check out these resources.
Have fun riding!!
Photo Contest Terms and Conditions:
- How to enter: tag a post of you and your bike with #wwubikemonth
- Each tagged post is one submission, each Instagram account can be entered up to three times per drawing (two drawings during the month)
- Participants must have a wwu.edu email to be eligible to win
- The $50 gift certificates can be redeemed at any local bike shop near you (not restricted to Bellingham)
- Winners will be chosen at random and announced on a video drawing by the AS Alternative Transportation Coordinator
- Two winners total will be chosen, one on May 15th and one on June 1st
- Winner will be given three days to accept the prize before another winner is selected
- By entering the giveaway, you give permission for your name to be read online and for the WWU's Transportation office to contact you