May is Bike Month!
During the month of May, the entire WWU community is encouraged to ride a bicycle anywhere and everywhere.
To kick things off there is a May Day Bike Parade on May 1. This event is for everyone in the community. Meet with your bike at the WECU on Holly Street at 12:30 p.m.
May 1-31 - Bike Everywhere Challenge – This is Western’s 6th Challenge!
- Sign up now
- Team captains are impressive. It is super easy to be a team captain –
- Click on “Join/Create a Team”
- Enter a team name that includes WWU (for example: WWU Pedal Pushers, so Western teams can find each other more easily)
- When you register your team choose Whatcom County, so your team can be grouped with other teams in our area
- Invite people to be on your team
- LovetoRide.net does the rest
- New riders earn double day and mile points! If you know someone who has been thinking about riding a bike, this is the perfect time to be their encourager and invite them to be on your team. If they are feeling unsure about riding, I can meet with them for a confident cycling class.
- Recording rides is easy. Connect your LovetoRide profile to Strava or MapMyRide.
Friday, May 20 is Bike to Work and School Day. Transportation Services and the AS Outdoor Center will be hosting two Celebration Stations on campus from 7-10 a.m. Let me know if you would like to volunteer at a Celebration Station.
Also on the 20th, ride to Waypoint Park for the Soul Shakedown Party from 5-7 p.m. The festivities are being hosted by the Port of Bellingham, Kulshan Brewing, and the Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition.
It is going to be another great month of riding!