Move out time is quickly approaching. To accommodate packing and loading of cars for all residential students, including those who do not have current parking permits, Transportation Services will provide easy steps to get move-out visitor permits valid in the resident (R) lots. We encourage you to plan and share this information with anyone who may be helping you move out.
The following “Move-Out Visitor Parking & Permit Rules” will be in effect beginning Thursday, June 1st, 2023, and will continue through Finals Week, ending Sunday, June 11th, 2023. During all other dates and times, standard parking rules are enforced.
Move-Out Visitor Permits are valid in the following resident lots:
- 1R (Buchanan Towers Residents)
- 3R (Edens & Higginson Residents)
- 4R (Mathes & Nash Residents)
- 15R (Ridgeway Residents)
- 18R (Fairhaven Residents)
- 20R (Ridgeway Residents)
- 27R (Birnam Wood Residents): Hourly permits are always available in this lot by following the posted Parkmobile payment options. Please refer to in-lot signage for hours that permits are required and purchase instructions.
A link to the campus parking map can be found at the end of this post for your reference.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD THE PARKMOBILE APP
- The app is the fastest way to purchase a permit on the day you need it! You can download the app from Parkmobile’s website at https://parkmobile.io/
- Save time and ensure license plate accuracy by entering your vehicle and credit card information ahead of time.
STEP 2: PLAN YOUR MOVE-OUT PARKING & LOADING NEEDS
- To ensure that there is adequate space for current residents and for others who are moving out, we ask that you limit your time in the resident lots to only what is required to load.
- Remember! The C lots are free after 4:30 pm M-F and all day on weekends and offer longer term hourly parking prior to 4:30 pm M-F.
STEP 3: PURCHASE MOVE-OUT VISITOR PERMIT
- On the day you park on campus, open the app and follow the steps to complete the purchase of a permit using the MOVE-OUT ZONE NUMBER: 1242.
- You may also pay on site with a credit card at any of the pay stations located in lot C, or lot 6V.
- Please note: Pay stations are not located in the resident lots, however Move-Out Visitor permits purchased in either the C or 6V lots will be valid in your preferred R-Lot. Please see the parking map linked below to find which of the pay stations is closest to your destination. Pay stations only accept debit and credit cards.
- As a reminder, hourly permits at WWU are virtual and require an accurate and unobstructed license plate to be valid.
- Move-out visitor permits are hourly only and are not eligible for overnight parking.
LOADING ALONG ACCESS ROADS OR FIRE LANES
- To ensure that fire lanes and access roads remain clear for emergency vehicles, any loading taking place outside of designated parking spaces will require that someone be with the vehicle at all times. Unattended vehicles that are parked on access roads or fire lanes will be subject to citation.
WWU Parking map:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 360-650-2945.