Ride in the Rain Challenge During November
Hi WWU Bike Folks,
Welcome to fall 2021! I am happy to be working on campus again and to see you all riding around. November will be here in 5 days, and you know what that means – it’s time for the Ride in the Rain Challenge!! The Challenge isn’t just for bike commuters. All types of bike rides count.
The last time Western participated in the Ride in the Rain Challenge was in 2018, and I think we are all in need of some collegial camaraderie. In 2018, forty-eight WWU cyclists rode 2,305 miles and the Western Washington Psyclists were the team to beat.
Here’s how to be part of the Ride in the Rain Challenge:
- Go to https://www.lovetoride.net/washington?locale=en-US and register or login.
- Choose to
- Start your own team – please let me know your team’s name if you do this
- Join an existing team – my team is “Riders on the Storm”, and I am looking for teammates
- Ride solo
- Team Region – Whatcom County
- Team Category – Workplace – University
- Workplace Team – Western Washington University
- Complete the Survey
- Invite your friends to participate – 10 cyclists per team
- Start logging your rides (or have Strava or MapMyRide do it for you)!
This November let’s surpass our participation and miles ridden in 2018.