Summer Quarter Alternative Transportation Fee Update
Jun 3, 2021
What’s going on with the Alternative Transportation Fee?
- Beginning in March 2020, WTA buses stopped charging a fare. On July 1, 2021 WTA will begin charging a fare again.
- During spring, summer, and fall quarters 2020 students were not charged the Alternative Transportation Fee
- Winter, spring, and summer quarters 2021 a fee of $3 was assessed on students taking 6 or more credits, which was an 89.5% reduction in the fee
What is the $3 Alternative Transportation Fee paying for?
- A WTA bus pass for WWU students who are enrolled in classes summer quarter 2021
- Preserving the student bus pass program for the return to campus
- Covering ongoing expenses of the Student Transportation Program
- Revamping the Student Late Night Shuttle Program
- Developing great programs for the campus community (Food for Fines and WWU Moves)
Want to get involved?
- Apply to be on the AS Alternative Transportation Fee Committee to influence how the Alternative Transportation Fee is used
- Apply to be on the AS Transportation Advisory Committee to be a voice in campus transportation planning and decision-making