Zipcar at Western Washington University
- Western has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to Bellingham.
- Learn more and get started at Zipcar for Western.
As a member you get:
- 24/7 access to Zipcars.
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff, and students age 18 and older.
- Gas, insurance and maintenance are included in the rental price.
- Join now for only $35 a year!
- Membership is free for students who have a leadership role on campus.
- Membership is free for University departments. There is a $15/year membership fee for each Zipcar driver in the department. Apply with a University OneCard. The Transportation Office can help departments set up a Zipcar account.
To use Zipcars
- Join online as a university member using your "wwu.edu" email
- Once you are an approved Zipster, reserve a car online or by using the Zipcar app
- Use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away.
- When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up. So easy!
Zipcar Location and Parking
- During the academic year there are two Zipcars on campus:
- 7G parking lot on High Street adjacent to Higginson Hall.
- 18R parking lot on South Campus Drive near the Fairhaven College and Buchanan Towers.
- During the summer one Zipcar is available for use. It is the Zipcar parked in 7G.
- Parking a Zipcar in any campus location other than a designated Zipcar parking space requires the appropriate university parking permit.
- For information on i.d. and/or documents needed for international students please refer to members.zipcar.com/apply/foreign-drivers.