About the Starlight Shuttle Program
The Starlight Shuttle provides Western students a ride after the WTA buses stop running for the day. It is funded through the Active Transportation Fee and students do not pay an additional fare when riding the shuttle. The service is on-demand meaning it will pick you up where you are and take you where you want to go. Service is available in a geofenced area that is approximately a five mile radius around campus.
Hours of Operation
The shuttle runs Monday to Saturday from 10:30 pm to 2:30 am, and Sunday from 9:00 pm to 2:00 am.
How to Ride
Request a ride by:
- using the TransLoc app and your Western email address
- online at ondemand.transloc.com, or
- by calling the dispatcher at 206-638-7124
For pick up, be in a visible location and show the driver your Western card when you board.
Service starts the Sunday before classes begin each quarter in the academic year and ends on the Saturday following finals. There is no shuttle service Thanksgiving Day, winter and spring breaks, or summer quarter.
When the Starlight Shuttle Is in Service
|Calendar Item||Service Status|
|Sunday Before Fall Quarter Classes Begin||Shuttle Service Begins|
|Thanksgiving Day||No Service|
|Winter Break||No service beginning on Sunday at end of finals week. Service restarts on the Sunday before the first day of classes|
|Spring Break||No service beginning on Sunday at end of finals week. Service restarts on the Sunday before the first day of classes|
|Memorial Day||Service begins at 11:00 a.m.|
|Saturday of June Commencement||Last day of service for the academic year|
|Summer Quarter||No shuttle service|
|Extreme Weather Conditions||For up-to-date information, download the TransLoc app, call 206-638-7124, or go to ondemand.transloc.com|
Starlight Shuttle Policies
These policies were developed by Western students for student comfort and safety.
- A Western ID Card with your picture on it is required for boarding.
- When masks are required in interior spaces on campus, they are required on the shuttle.
- Be respectful of the driver and other passengers. Abstaining from profanity is expected.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are allowed, if they are in a closed container.
- Food can be carried, but not consumed on the shuttle. Please keep food in a closed container or wrapper.
- One guest is allowed per Western student showing their Western card and the student is responsible for their guest's behavior.
Lost and Found
Items left on the shuttles will be taken to University Police Dispatch (360-650-3555). Dispatch is open 24/7 and is located in the Campus Services Building at the corner of Bill McDonald Parkway and 21st Street.
Refusal of Service
Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to any person who does not observe policies, shows the potential to cause harm to themselves or others, or interferes with vehicle safety.
The Starlight Shuttle service has no affiliation with Whatcom Transportation Authority.