At Western 85% of students ride WTA buses to get where they need to go, and 27% of employees purchase an employee bus pass.
How to Ride the Bus
- Familiarize yourself with the bus route and schedule you will be using.
- Plan to be at your stop a few minutes before the bus is expected to arrive; schedules are estimates and your bus may arrive a few minutes earlier or later.
- Have your Western Card ready.
- When the bus approaches, check the route number and destination (shown above the front window) to be sure it is your bus.
- To get off the bus, about a block before your stop pull the yellow bell cord above the window to alert the driver.
- Drivers are available to answer any questions you may have about the route and connections.
Student Bus Pass
As a student, your Western Card also serves as a WTA bus pass and provides unlimited rides on all WTA and Skagit Transit bus routes.
Employee Bus Pass
Starting Spring quarter 2023, all employees will be provided a free bus pass that offers unlimited rides on all WTA and Skagit Transit bus routes.