Parking Portal Guides
|Student Parking||Employee Parking||Weekend Parking|
|4:30PM - 7:00AM (M-F)||4:30PM - 7:00AM (M-F)||All Day|
- Evening and weekends, you are allowed to use a valid Parking Permit to park in lots: 5G, 7G, 9G, 11G, 17G, & 19G (NO OTHER LOTS).
- Temporary permits purchased through ParkMobile or the pay station are only valid for the lot in which they were purchased and cannot be used to move to another lot after hours.
- Permits are not needed in the C and 12A lots between 4:30PM and 7:00AM Monday - Friday and all hours on weekends.
- Permits are not valid in:
- Reserved spaces
- Lots reserved for an event
Intersession permits are available for students and employees who either do not have a current permit or those who like to park in a larger selection of lots during intersession.
Parkers with a current permit who do not purchase an intersession permit, should continue to park in their assigned lots.
Intersession permits are valid in lots: 12A, 17G, 19G, 7G, 14G, 22G, 33G, 32G, 24G
Excerpts from WAC 516-12-460 Fees.
(3) Refunds will be made based on the valid time remaining according to the parking services refund schedule. Refunds may be made if unpaid fines and fees have been paid.
(a) The permit holder must return the permit to Parking Services before a refund will be authorized or a payroll deduction will be terminated.
(b) Unused quarters may be refunded in whole at respective rates.
(c) Refunds will not be made upon permit revocation by the public safety director
Additional Notations for Processing Permit Refunds
- Requests for a permit refund following an extended personal/emergency leave do not qualify for a retro-active refund. Unused quarters left on the permit will be refunded.
- Permit refund balances are calculated from the date the refund is requested.
To obtain a parking permit add yourself to the waitlist for your desired lot. This can done through the Parking Portal. Permits are awarded from the waitlist based on availability and waitlist position is ordered based on seniority (the number of credits you've completed). If you are awarded a permit you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to purchase your parking permit.
Citations can be paid through the Parking Portal. From the home page, enter the citation number or the license plate number to locate the citation.
If you believe that your citation was issued in error, you can appeal the citation through the Parking Portal. Citation appeals must be made within 7 days of issuance, with the first day being the day following the citation’s issue date. All days, including weekends and holidays, are counted when determining the appeal deadline.
If you have a permit and wish to transfer to a different lot, you can add yourself to the waitlist for your desired lot. If you are awarded a permit for a new lot, you can transfer the credit from your original permit and use it to pay for your new permit. Payment would be required or a refund would be generated if the two permits differ in price.
Daytime hours (Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 4:30pm): A WWU permit is required along with your state disability placard. You can obtain a permit in lot C or 6V at the pay station or by using the Parkmobile app. This permit, along with your disability placard, will allow you to park in any disability space on campus. If the disability space nearest your destination is full, you can park in an adjacent, non-reserved, space.
After hours (Monday – Friday after 4:30pm, all day Saturday and Sunday): During these hours a WWU permit is not required as long as you are hanging your state disability placard. You can park in any available disability space or adjacent space.