Employee Bus Pass
Bus Pass Quick Links
- Bus Pass Request Form
- Transportation Safety Net
- Free After Hours Parking Permits on the Parking Portal
FAll 2018 - We have a new bus pass system for your convenience!
Once you purchase a bus pass, your Western ID card will be activated so that it will also function as a bus pass.
If your ID card was printed after June 28, 2017, it can be used as a bus pass in the WTA fare boxes.
If your ID was printed before June 28, 2017, you will need to take 1 of 2 actions: (1) Bring your existing ID card to VC 25 to have it reformatted (the magnetic strip will be rewritten); if the magnetic strip is damaged (2) visit the Western Card office for a new ID card. Many employees reformatted their Western ID fall quarter. Once an ID is reformatted, it does not have to be reformatted again in subsequent quarters.
To purchase a bus pass use the Bus Pass Request Form
Paper forms are available in the Sustainable Transportation Office.
Cost to Employees
$23.00 per Quarter or $69.00 for the Academic Year (Fall/Winter/Spring)
Bus Pass Dates
Bus passes follow the academic schedule:
A bus pass may become valid for any quarter as early as the first day of Intersession preceding that quarter, with a bus pass charge for that quarter.
A bus pass for any quarter will remain active for 2 weeks into the next quarter, before becoming inactive without a bus pass charge for the next quarter.
Bus Pass Payment Options
- This pre-tax payment option is for permanent employees currently receiving a paycheck. Contact the Sustainable Transportation Office if you are not sure if you are eligible for this option.
Cash, Debit, Online Payment, or Credit (fee for payment with credit)
- When your e-sign form is received, the charge will be added to your account.
- Once you have been notified that your e-sign form has been approved, pay for your bus pass in the Student Business Office (Old Main 110) via cash, check or debit.
- You may also pay online using CashNet. CashNet accepts payments made with credit or from a checking or savings account.