Employee Bus Pass
- Bus Pass Request Form
- Transportation Safety Net
- Request a free After Hours Parking Permit or purchase a Commuter Coupon Code on the Parking Portal
Your Western ID Card Is Also Your Bus Pass
Once you purchase a bus pass, your Western ID card will be activated so that it will function as a bus pass.
If your ID card was printed after June 28, 2017 once it is activated by purchasing an employee bus pass, it can be used as a bus pass in the WTA fare boxes.
If your ID was printed before June 28, 2017 and you have never used it as a bus pass, you will have to get a new Western ID card from the Western Card Office in order to have a bus pass.
To purchase a bus pass use the Bus Pass Request Form.
Paper forms are available in the Transportation Office.
Cost to Employees
$23.00 per quarter or $69.00 for the academic year (Fall/Winter/Spring). Western subsidizes 49.5% of the cost of each Western employee bus pass.
Bus Pass Dates
A bus pass may become valid for any quarter as early as the first day of intersession preceding that quarter, with a bus pass charge for that quarter.
A bus pass for any quarter will remain active for 2 weeks into the next quarter before becoming inactive without a bus pass charge for the next quarter.
Bus Pass Payment Options
- This pretax payment option is for permanent employees currently receiving a paycheck. Contact the Transportation Office if you are not sure if you are eligible for this option.
Cash, Debit, Online Payment, or Credit (fee for payment with credit)
- When your e-sign form is processed, the charge for your bus pass will be added to your Western account.
- Once you have been notified that your e-sign form has been approved, pay for your bus pass in the Student Business Office (Old Main 110) via cash, check or debit.
- You may also pay online using CashNet. CashNet accepts payments made with credit or from a checking or savings account.