Employee Bus Pass
- WWU employee Bus Pass Request E-sign Form
- Aramark employee e-market Bus Pass Purchase Site
- Obtain a free After Hours Parking Permit or purchase a Commuter Coupon Code on the Parking Portal
Your Western ID Card Is Also Your Bus Pass
Once you purchase a bus pass, your Western ID card will be activated so that it will function as a bus pass on all Whatcom Transit Authority (WTA) and Skagit Transit buses.
Cost of an Employee Bus Pass
$23.00 per quarter or $69.00 for the academic year (Fall/Winter/Spring).
Western subsidizes 49.5% of the cost of each Western employee bus pass. Aramark subsidizes 49.5% of the cost of each Aramark employee bus pass.
Bus Pass Dates
A bus pass may become valid for any quarter as early as the first day of intersession preceding that quarter, with a bus pass charge for that quarter.
A bus pass for any quarter will remain active for 2 weeks into the next quarter before becoming inactive without a bus pass charge for the next quarter.
Bus Pass Payment Options
WWU Employee Payroll Deduction
- This pretax payment option is for permanent WWU employees currently receiving a paycheck. Contact the Transportation Office if you are not sure if you are eligible for this option.
WWU Employee Credit/Debit Card or Electronic Check from Bank Account
- When your e-sign form is processed, the charge for your bus pass will be added to your Western account.
- Once you have been notified that your e-sign form has been approved, pay for your bus pass using the Student Business Office payment portal.
- Follow the directions for Students, Faculty, & Staff
- 2.75% transaction fee for payment with credit
- No fee when bank account information is used for payment
Aramark Employee Payments
- Payment is via credit or debit card on the e-market Aramark employee bus pass site.
Try the WTA Bus System for FREE
As an incentive to try the bus, Whatcom Transit Authority (WTA) offers a FREE 31-day bus pass (a $30 value) to people who meet two criteria:
- They are new to riding the bus in Whatcom County.
- They are registered users of Whatcom Smart Trips.
The pass is activated the first time it is used, and it expires at midnight 31 days later.
Here’s how to request a FREE 31-day bus pass:
- Sign up for Whatcom Smart Trips. Be sure to select Western as your employer and use your home address.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you would like a FREE 31-day bus pass.
- We will confirm that you are a new WTA bus rider and approve the FREE 31-day bus pass.
- Smart Trips will send the FREE 31-day bus pass directly to your home address.
- Ride the bus in Whatcom County for FREE as often as you like for 31 days. It’s so easy!